Our time in Bimini has come to a close. I'm still not sure how we managed to stay here for a week, but we did. Oh well, we thoroughly enjoyed our time here and with some side work certain Team Dream Catcher members did via the internet, we actually made money while we were here.
That never happens, sweet, party, bonus!
Time here passes slowly, so I thought I'd give you the highlights of our stay without boring you with the mundane details of day to day life on a sailboat at dock.
Let's see, over the last several days we:
- hung out by the pool
- went to a New Years Eve party and managed to stay awake until 9:30 pm
- went spear fishing twice: final count 9 bugs, 3 snappers
- went to the BigGame club and watched Manchester City clobber Liverpool 3 to 0 over 6 dollar beers (ouch)
- removed the primary anchor chain from it's locker and cleaned,inspected and remarked it
- walked to Batelco 5 times before finally getting our Bahamian cell service up and running
- killed 14,452 aliens (1244 were kids) in Dead Space 2; side note: those kids are extra creepy
- walked the beach twice (romantically I might add)
- pruned my tomato plant Spuds
- ate 3 times at the conch shack on top of the hill
- watched 4 movies (Contagion, Season of the Witch, 50/50 and 30 Minutes or Less) on the big screen
Ok, that about sums it up. Doesn't seem like a lot to show for 6 days, but hey, that's life in the slow lane. All indications are that we are ready to depart tomorrow, but given my general laziness, anything is possible, so I guess we'll see.
More to follow, end of line....